Wedding planners can cost a lot of money. And, when your budget is tight, it can be a difficult decision when it comes to hiring one for your wedding.
So, do you really need a wedding planner?
It depends on if you are up for the challenge or not. And, of course, how many people are willing to help with the planning and organization.
Here’s a simple list of questions you should ask yourself before making the decision to hire or forego a planner.
1. Do you have the time to take phone calls and meet with vendors on a regular basis? You’ll need to make sure to take the time to talk to lots of vendors and meet with them to make sure everything is coordinated properly.
2. Are you getting married someplace that you are familiar with or is the wedding location out of the state or country in an area that you aren’t familiar with? If it’s not someplace you’re familiar with you may consider a wedding planner in that area. Most likely they’ll know of better vendors, locations and can even help you get better deals.
3. Do you have family and friends who are willing to help you out? If the answer is no, then it means that you can’t delegate all of the work that goes into planning a wedding. If this is the case, you may consider the aide of a wedding planner.
4. Are you organized and punctual? If you answered no to either of these, a wedding planner may be a good idea, especially if you want your wedding day to go off without a hitch.
5. Will your fiancé be able to help too? If your fiancé can’t help, then this may be another reason you want to get a wedding planner. The stress of planning a wedding all by yourself may cause unnecessary stress on your relationship.
6. Do you have a friend that’s not part of the wedding party that can help make sure things come together on the wedding day? You’ll be busy enough on your special day as it is so you need someone who can handle things as they arise.
7. Do you think you’d enjoy planning it? If you love the idea of planning every little thing and you love entertaining in general then this may be for you. But if just the idea of all of this makes you feel stressed, a wedding planner is probably your best option.
So, how’d you do?
Do you feel ready to act as your own wedding planner or are you going to make a smart investment and hire one? Every couple is different, as are the needs for their wedding. For some couples, a wedding planner makes perfect sense. But, for others, hiring one can be unnecessary expense.
Avenue catering provides solutions to all your Toronto wedding catering needs. We work with the top wedding planners in Toronto. We can help you determine if you need the services of a wedding planner.